Compliance: The Triple Lock Standards
In order to meet the best possible practice that charities can aspire to, The Saoirse Foundation operates the Triple Lock Standards, involving compliance and implementation of three separate standards:
• THE GOVERNANCE CODE: Our board is publicly signed up to the Governance Code (www.governancecode.ie) , the standard definition of good practice in governance for Ireland’s Community, Voluntary and Charitable (CVC)sector. With approximately one quarter of all community, voluntary and charitable organisations in Ireland registered with the Charities Regulatory Authority, The Saoirse Foundation is proud to be one of only 2% of all charities in Ireland that are fully compliant with the Good Governance code. Although the code is self-assessed, The Saoirse Foundation commissioned Deloitte to review all our governance structures and operations. Deloitte’s recommendations were implemented in full and compliance with the governance code declared in full by the Board in January 2017, 10 months ahead of the scheduled completion date. To ensure full compliance, we have developed our own on going implementation and monitoring register which we use to monitor progress with ongoing compliance with the code.
• GOOD FUNDRAISING PRINCIPLES: Our board has formally adopted and is publicly signed up to the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our staff, volunteers and anyone else fundraising on our behalf are fully trained on the requirements. We have implemented controls to ensure that all our fundraising practices are fully in line with the Principles and any related Codes of Practice. We review and report annually on compliance.
• TRANSPARENT AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING REPORTING: The Saoirse Foundation prepares an annual report and financial statements in full compliance with the Charity SORP (Standard of Reporting Practice under FRS102). We make our annual independently audited accounts easily available to the public on our website.
The Saoirse Foundation is fully compliant with the following voluntary codes, best practice models and statutory obligations:
• We are listed on the Charities Regulatory Authority Register of Charities (Charity Reg. No. 20075163) in the Republic of Ireland.
• We are an approved charity with the Irish Revenue Commissioners, registered charity number CHY19226
•Corporate Governance Publications, Annual Reports and Policies are here
Saoirse Foundation – Governance Manual
Saoirse Foundation – Adopted Principles of Good Governance
Saoirse Foundation – Code of Corporate Governance Implementation and Monitoring Register
Saoirse Foundation – Directors Code of Conduct
Saoirse Foundation – Finance and Risk Polices and Procedures
Saoirse Foundation – 2015 Directors Report and Financial Statements
Saoirse Foundation – 2014 Directors Report and Financial Statements
Saoirse Foundation – Complaints Policy
Saoirse Foundation – Feedback / Complaint Form
• The Saoirse Foundation are members of:
The Charities Institute Ireland (CII)
The Carmichael Centre
Irish Platform for Patient Organisations, Science & Industry (IPPOSI)
Genetic and Rare Disorders Organisation (GRDO)
The Medical Research Charities Group (MRCG)
Frontline Emergency and Security Services Eire Forum (FESSEF)